Crescent roll Apple dumplings are some of the best pastry-style desserts ever created. With only 7 ingredients, this easy apple dumpling recipe is the best and most flavorful of them all!
• 2 (8 ct) crescent rolls
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 1 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
• 2 apples, peeled, cored and cut into 8 pieces each
• 1 cup of butter
• 1 cup of sugar
• 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon of vanilla paste or vanilla extract
• 12 oz lemon lime pop
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Roll your rolls into a crescent and mix your 1/4 cup of sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle about 1 to 2 tablespoons of cinnamon sugar over crescent rolls.
- Place a piece of apple on the long end and roll up.
- Put in two rows of 8 in a 9 “x13” baking dish, set aside.
- In a pot , melt your butter.
- Once the butter is melted, add your sugars and vanilla and stir until it combines, you want it to be grainy.
- Remove from the heat and pour over your croissant rolls.
- Pour your lemon-lime pop over the sides of the rolls, then sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon sugar.
- Bake about 41 min .
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly so that the sauce thickens.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.