The cinnamon and nutmeg in the recipe add a pleasant, somewhat exotic flavor, but they are not essential. If you aren’t sure if you would like the spices, leave them out or add a smaller amount.
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small cabbage, chopped
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) low sodium diced tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
HOW TO MAKE:
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the ground beef and onion and cook, stirring, until ground beef is no longer pink and onion is tender.
- Add the garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Add the chopped cabbage, tomatoes, tomato sauce, pepper, and salt. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, or until cabbage is tender.
Yield: Serves 6 to 8.
3 WW Smartpts
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!