You’ll swear they are the best cream puffs you’ve ever seen, because they are gorgeous. And when you taste them? Real sweetened whipped cream and delicious creamy custard in a perfect golden crust. Yes, they’ll also be the best cream puffs you’ve ever tasted. These little beauties have been the star of our family’s Easter dinners since I can remember. When they come through the front door I am sure they’re backlit with heavenly light. My husband worries I’m giving away some family secret by sharing it. But, I’m generous. And I would love if these became a family tradition for you too.
1 stick butter (8 Tablespoons)
1 cup water
1 tsp vanilla
MOM’S FAMOUS FILLING:
1 pint heavy cream
1 package (3.4 OUNCES) instant vanilla pudding
⅓ cup milk
Makes approx 16
- Bring the butter, water and vanilla to a boil.
- Add the flour and stir constantly until it leaves the side of the pot and forms a ball.
- Remove and cool.
- Beat in 4 eggs, one at a time until smooth.
- Drop by T. onto parchment lined cookie sheets
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 25-30 minutes.
- LET COOL.
- Slice in half and pipe or scoop in Mom’s filling.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
Beat the cream, pudding powder and milk in a mixer until thick like whipped cream!
Source : allrecipes.com