- 6 pieces Steak Um Sliced Steaks (Frozen) Or 1/2 Pound Very Very Thinly Sliced Ribeye
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 whole Vidalia Onion, Chopped
- 3 slices American Cheese, Cut Into 3 Strips Each
- 6 whole Eggroll Wrappers
- 1 cup Cheese Whiz For Dipping
- ½ cups Banana Peppers
- Small Bowl Of Water For Wetting Your Fingers
- Vegetable Oil, For Frying
This will make 6 eggrolls, cut them in half to serve as an appetizer, or serve with some potato fries and call it a meal! They will fill you up!
- Saute the onions in a bit of butter until tender, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Cook the steak – it cooks quickly takes just about a minute. Do it in batches so as not to crowd. Blot the steak dry to remove some of the grease.
- Place about 1 steak’s worth of meat on an eggroll wrapper, sprinkle with about a teaspoon of sauteed onion and 1/3 of a slice of cheese. Roll up the eggroll. Dip your finger in water and run it along the edge of the wrapper to moisten, then seal. Do the same with the ends…press together to close and fold in the sides to make small triangles, moisten to close. Set aside on a plate, repeat the process with the remaining wrappers and ingredients.
- Heat your oil (to 375 F) for frying. Fry for less than a minute (especially if using a fryer). You just want the eggroll to get crispy and golden brown. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate until you are finished with all of the frying.
- Serve with banana peppers and some warmed Cheese Whiz for dipping…feel guilty later!
Some readers have mentioned issued with the caramel sauce leaking through the spring form pan while baking. To avoid a mess, place a rimmed baking sheet on the oven rack below the cheesecake to catch any drips.